- What is your name? Donna McKean
- What is your role at the TLC? Aquatics Program Coordinator
- Please include any career or education related special achievements/certifications you believe are noteworthy: I achieved my BSc. in Kinesiology from the U of A in 2014, I also became an AFLCA Trainer of Fitness Leaders in 2015.
- What’s your favourite way to get triACTIVE? Swim, bike, cross-country ski
Get to know Donna
- What has been your biggest health and wellness accomplishment? Paddling in the Yukon River Quest in 2011 - ours was a team of eight women paddling this marathon canoe race and we finished the race in just under 60 hours
- What are your hobbies/interests outside of the TLC? Canoeing, cross-country skiing, backpacking, sewing, reading
- What is your favourite movie of all time? I’m not a big movie goer/watcher so I don’t know that I have a true favourite; maybe The Sound of Music
- What wakes you up in the morning? My internal alarm clock and usually fairly close to 6am
- What do you love most about the Tri-Municipal Region? The countryside, places like Chickakoo Lake Recreation Area and I like that it’s half an hour closer to the mountains than Edmonton
- If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, whay would it be? MercyMe’s The Hurt and the Healer
- If you were stuck on an island with one celebrity, who would you choose and why? I don’t really know any celebrities
- What are five must-have items in your fridge? Fruit (apples), fresh veggies, milk and yogurt
- Are you an early riser or a night owl? I am a morning person!
- What do you love most about the TLC? Being able to come for a swim before work, the great people I work with