Fall is here, and at the TLC that means... our annual Aquatic Centre Spruce Up!
Each year we close our entire pool area to do yearly maintenance, deep cleaning and projects that cannot be done when water is in the pools! This year, we are working on:
- Replacement of lights: Yes, we have to change light bulbs! Since this requires a special lift, we wait until spruce up to complete this important task.
- Staff area renovations: A long-awaited project, we are finally re-tiling and re-painting our staff change rooms and aquatic offices.
- Painting projects: We are repainting the aquatic hallway, change rooms and around the pools.
- Slide work: Each year a special waterslide expert (yes, that is a job!) comes to clean, fill holes and wax our waterslide.
- Deep cleaning: We scrub the change rooms, pool deck and the basins (where the water goes) to make sure it is clean and fresh for another year of heavy use.
- Tile work: Lots to do this year to replace broken tiles and re-grout areas that need it.
- Steam Room: deep cleaning and maintenance to make sure this area is spic and span and ready for another year.
- Mechanical Maintenance of pipes and pumps: Preventative maintenance on these behind-the-scenes workhorses make sure we don’t have unexpected closures during the year.
We have a long list of tasks to get done this year, but are excited to welcome you back on September 17!
Fall into a Fitness Routine!