We are OPEN!
We’ve put together a (long) list of questions we’ve received over our closure. If your question does not appear on this list, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call!
When can I come?
HOURS OF OPERATION TO SEP 7:
Monday to Friday | 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays | 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
HOURS OF OPERATION SEP 8-DEC 30
Monday to Friday | 5:00 AM-9:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays | 7:00 AM-8:00 PM
What can I do to make my visit as safe as possible?
#1, if you’re feeling ill, please delay your visit!
Masks/face coverings are now required in public areas of the TLC including viewing areas (arenas, fields, pool), washrooms, hallways, stairwells and change rooms. Masks are not required (and not recommended) while doing physical activities or swimming.
As with all areas of our facility and every store or restaurant you visit these days, limiting touchpoints, sanitizing hands frequently, and ensuring you comply with respiratory etiquette is the best way to not spread or contract this virus. It takes a village (or a city, town and county) to stay safe from COVID-19!
What are you doing to make my visit as safe as possible?
Our staff are doing daily self-screenings to ensure they are not coming to work when sick. All staff wear masks at the TLC, unless behind a protective barrier. Our custodial contractor, Ultra Shine, is increasing their frequency of sanitizing touchpoints and surfaces, floors and change rooms. We are closing our fitness centre daily for a deep clean and sanitization with our new sanitization machine (2:00-2:30 PM closure). We are committed to doing all we can to ensure the health of our staff and patrons.
MEMBERSHIPS AND PASSES:
One/Three Month Pass Holders
- From July 6th onwards, one- and three-month pass holders may contact a Customer Experience Representative to re-activate their pass.
- One- and three-month pass holders may choose NOT to re-activate their pass yet, in which case it will remain on hold until September 13, 2020, and will be reactivated September 14, 2020.
- All passes will be extended by the number of days lost due to the TLC’s facility closure.
- From July 6th onwards, Annual Members may contact a Customer Experience Representative to re-activate their membership.
- Annual Members may choose NOT to re-activate their membership, in which case their membership will remain on hold until September 13, 2020, and will be reactivated September 14, 2020.
- All annual memberships will be extended by the number of days lost due to the TLC’s facility closure.
Monthly Continuous Memberships (pre-authorized payment)
- Monthly continuous memberships with automatic pre-authorized monthly payments are NOT being re-activated this summer.
- From July 6th to September 13th, the discounted summer pass will be available to purchase at any time. The summer pass price will be pro-rated to reflect the number of days of TLC access remaining.
- Monthly continuous memberships will be re-activated on September 14, 2020, at no charge for the remainder of September in order to provide 17 days’ compensation for the March 15th to 31st TLC closure. Automatic pre-authorized monthly payments will resume effective October 1, 2020.
- If you do not wish to reactivate your monthly continuous membership in September, please email your request prior to September 1, 2020, to email@example.com.
Multi-Visit Pass Holders
- Multi-Visit passes held prior to the TLC facility closure remain intact on your TLC account and you can use them anytime you wish.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a Customer Experience Representative at 780.960.5080.
For Day Admission rates CLICK HERE.
Arena Rentals: Booking requests will be accepted via email
Web availability will be viewable from Saturday, July 18 for requests via email only at email@example.com. **Please note that availability will be limited and booked in one-hour slots only.
Field Rentals: Due to provincial health guidelines, our indoor fields are currently occupied by TLC camps and unavailable for rentals. Drop-in sports are not currently available at the TLC, but we are hoping to re-start them as the province moves through their relaunch strategy.
Meeting Rooms: Due to provincial health guidelines, our meeting rooms are currently unavailable.
Drop-in Sports and Activities
Physical distancing requirements mandated in current provincial health guidelines mean that our fields are being occupied by TLC Summer Camps only, and are currently unavailable for rentals or drop-in sports such as pickleball, badminton, basketball, volleyball, soccer, inline skating, etc.
Shinny/Public Skate/Stick & Puck
Physical distancing requirements mandated in current provincial health guidelines prevent us from currently offering the usual summer schedule of shinny, public skate & stick & puck times.
Due to provincial health guidelines, our Children’s Play Centre is currently unavailable for public use. Childminding is also not currently available at the TLC.
DID YOU KNOW?
COVID-19 cannot survive in chlorinated pool water! That said, we are increasing our cleaning and sanitization of all touchpoints in the pool and change room areas.
What activities will be available in the pool when it re-opens on July 20th?
Aquafit – Shallow, Deep, Gentle & High-Intensity.
- Multiple classes will be offered Monday to Friday each week (see schedule, available HERE).
- 25 spots will be available per class due to physical distancing requirements.
- Participants MUST reserve their spot either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us at 780-960-5080 or in person at the TLC front desk. You can reserve your spot a maximum of one week in advance, beginning Monday, July 13 for classes between July 20 and July 26.
- Reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis and participants may reserve a maximum of one spot per person, per class. Emailed requests will be responded to in the order they are received. Please ensure you have received a confirmation from a staff member prior to arriving for your class.
- When you arrive for your class, please check in at the front desk. Payment of a day admission or a valid pass is required to attend, and you MUST be wearing a day wristband in order to access the Aquatic Complex.
Lane Swim – specifically swimming laps (not public recreational swimming).
- One-hour lane swim bookings will be offered throughout the week using designated lanes in the main pool(see schedule, available HERE).
- Participants MUST reserve their lane booking by emailing email@example.com, by calling 780-960-5080, or in person at the TLC front desk. Reservations will be taken a maximum of one week in advance, beginning Monday, July 13 for reservations in lane bookings between July 20 and July 26.
- Reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis. All lane bookings will be based on one person per lane - people residing in the same household can share a lane booking, but this requirement MUST be stated at the time of reserving.
- Emailed requests will be responded to in the order they are received. Please ensure you have received a confirmation from a staff member prior to arriving for your lane booking.
- When you arrive for your lane booking, please check in at the front desk. Payment of a day admission or a valid pass is required to attend, and you MUST be wearing a day wristband in order to access the Aquatic Complex.
Public Swim (Please note, the following is currently unavailable: public toys, rope swing, hot tub, steam room)
- Multiple public swim sessions will be offered throughout each week(see schedule, available HERE).
- Limited spots will be available per session due to physical distancing requirements.
- Participants MUST reserve their spot(s) either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us at 780-960-5080 or in person at the TLC front desk. Reservations will be taken beginning Monday, July 13 for reservations in sessions the week of July 20-26.
- Reservations will be on a first-come, first-served basis, and reservations can be made for a maximum of six (6) people per booking. Exceptions can be made if your household has more than six people by calling or emailing.
- Emailed requests will be responded to in the order they are received. Please ensure you have received a confirmation from a staff member prior to arriving for your family swim.
- When you arrive for your family swim, please check in at the front desk. Payment of a day admission or a valid pass is required, and all family members MUST be wearing a day wristband in order to access the Aquatic Complex.
Why are the hot tub and steam room not allowed to open during Stage 2?
Whirlpools, steam saunas, dry saunas and hot tubs will remain closed for Stage 2 of the relaunch, as they generally do not promote physical distancing. Compared to pools, they have limited seating space and are intended to allow bathers to sit in close proximity. There can also be limited space for bathers to exit/enter (i.e. single stairwells, limited space to pass other bathers)
Will there be public toys available during booked Public Swims?
There will not be any public toys available for public swim. However, patrons can bring their own small water toys from home. There is little concern regarding the risk of COVID as the equipment is to be used only by its owner. Any item brought to the pool should be clean, so as not to introduce more contaminants into the pool. Lifejackets will be available. Please take a clean one and put it in the appropriate bin when finished for cleaning.
How will physical distancing work in the change rooms?
We are encouraging all patrons to shower and change at home when possible, to limit the number of people using the wet change rooms. Also, not all lockers will be available for use, as some will be decommissioned to promote physical distancing. If you would like to take your belongings onto the pool deck, you are welcome to do so. And as always, the wallet lockers are available in the pool hallway.
Are spectators allowed to watch the pool activities?
The 2nd floor viewing area and dry seating area will be closed to spectators this summer. For swimming lessons, parents can drop their child off five minutes before class, then meet their child on the pool deck at the end of class to take them home.
For public swim, all children nine years of age and under will have to be supervised by their parents/caregivers IN THE WATER. Parents will NOT be able to supervise children seven to nine years of age from the pool deck.
- The TLC is offering a modified session for instructed programs in the pool this summer (schedule available HERE).
- Lessons begin July 20 and run until August 27.
- Registration begins for members and non-members at 7:00 AM on Thursday, July 9, online, by phone, and in person.
- Levels offered: Parented (Starfish, Duck Sea Turtle and Sea Otter) Swim Kids 4 to 10, Private Swimming Lessons (Levels 4 to 10), Certifications.
Why are not all swim levels available?
The current AHS Public Health Order includes physical distancing requirements between instructors and students. Swim Kids levels 4-10 were chosen to be programmed this summer as the participants in those classes have the skills to swim independently/without close contact of an instructor. “Parented” levels have also been programmed, as those levels have caregivers in the water assisting the babies/toddlers/children. It would be unsafe for the TLC to run lesson levels which require hands-on instruction, because we would not be able to social distance.
When will the fall swim lesson schedule be released?
We are waiting for the Government to announce Stage 3 timing as part of their relaunch strategy before planning our fall pool activities.
My spring lessons were cancelled – will I have priority to register for summer swim lessons?
Unfortunately, no because of a limitation in our online registration system. When participants were removed from spring lessons to provide a credit or refund, our system cannot track who was in what lesson to transfer into the new swim programs.
Stony Plain Outdoor Pool
In a normal year, the TLC operates the Stony Plain Outdoor Pool under the direction of the Town of Stony Plain. At this time, a decision has not been made to open the pool this Summer. The splash park will likely open this summer; however, a start date has not yet been announced.
Wellness & Track
- The TLC is pleased to offer most of our second floor, including Fenwyck Fitness Centre, studio, Spruce Grove Room and Sunshine Room, and third floor track for workouts as part of our phased re-opening.
- Check in at the front desk (including payment and collection of a wristband) is required prior to accessing the second- or third-floor fitness areas.
- Directional arrows and area-specific signage are in place and must be adhered to at all times.
- Staff will be doing headcounts every 30 minutes and monitoring physical distancing in each of our fitness areas.
- No TLC mats or foam rollers will be available, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- No lockers or change rooms are available at this time, please come ready to work out and keep your belongings with you.
Cleaning & Sanitization
- The Fenwyck Fitness Centre (weight room) will be closed from 2:00-2:30 PM for sanitization. This process occurs again when the facility closes for the evening.
- Staff will be disinfecting equipment touchpoints based on areas of high use throughout the day.
- Sanitization stations will offer a disinfectant spray bottle/paper towel for you to clean your equipment before and after use. We will also have disposable cleaning wipes located across the fitness areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the areas, as are washroom facilities to wash hands. Please be sure to use these frequently!
- Most cardio equipment can be found on the 2nd floor. These machines are spaced at three metres apart (as per high-intensity guidelines). Some equipment will be unavailable due to the spacing requirements.
- The Spruce Grove Room will contain weights, TRX and medicine balls. Designated workout areas have been marked out, please stay within these areas.
- The Fenwyck Fitness Centre machines have been spaced at two metres apart (as per lower intensity guidelines) Some equipment will be unavailable due to the spacing requirements. Benches are limited and must stay in their designated location.
- The studio has marked workout areas to maintain physical distancing. Weights, boxes, medicine balls, and kettlebells will be available. Please clean before and after use.
- The Track will be limited to one lane only to maintain distancing. You may pass, but please return to the inside lane as soon as possible. If you wish to run, we recommend you use a treadmill or go outside due to restricted space.
- The Track has marked workout areas (including cardio equipment) to maintain physical distancing. Some equipment may be unavailable due to spacing requirements.
We know that our new guidelines may be a bit confusing – we are here to help! Please ask a staff member if you have a question or concern so that we can address it immediately.
We can’t wait to welcome you all back (from a safe distance, of course).
Summer Pass 2020!