New Temporary Measures Start Saturday, Sep 20
As you may have heard, the Government of Alberta announced new health restrictions on September 15, 2021.
The two options for businesses and organizations, including the TLC, are:
- To implement the Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) requiring proof of vaccination or negative test result to continue operating as usual; or,
- Follow business capacity and operating restrictions.
HERE are the details of the two options.
Starting Monday, September 20, the TLC will be temporarily implementing the second option -- capacity and operating restrictions (details below), while impacts of an REP are further assessed.
What does this mean for me and my family? That depends on how you use the TLC…
- Masks are required to enter and move around our facility. Please ensure you wear yours!
- All patrons of the TLC should ensure they are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to visiting. HERE are children/youth and adult daily self-screening checklists and information.
Children/Youth: Will continue as usual. Parented classes are still permitted but will be distanced. Please follow the instructions from your instructor at all times.
Adult: Will have a two-week pause (no classes) to determine next steps (Sep 20-Oct 3).
Certifications: Will run with added distancing measures in place.
Spectators: 1/3 capacity in dry seating and in pool viewing stands. Spectators must stay masked and distanced (2m) from other households.
ADULT FITNESS PROGRAMS (INCLUDING DROP-IN & AQUAFIT):
There will be a two-week pause (no classes) to determine next steps (Sep 20-Oct 3).
- All registered fitness programs
- All drop-in AquaFit classes
- All drop-in fitness classes
DROP-IN SPORTS/ACTIVITIES (for fields, arenas, gymnasium and Children’s Play Centre):
PAUSED (not permitted) Sep 20-Oct 3.
- Open Shinny
- Adult 18+ Shinny
- Open Soccer
- Spontaneous use of the Children’s Play Centre
Still running, but with additional measures in place. Please follow the instructions of your instructors at all times.
OTHER ACTIVITIES STILL PERMITTED:
- Public swim is still permitted at 1/3 capacity.
- Individual workouts are still permitted in the Fitness Centre and on the Track.
o Equipment will be spaced at 3m
o Clean before and after use
o Masks required when not working out
o Walking only on the track, must wear a mask while walking
o 1/3 of capacity
- All youth sports are still permitted (spectators at 1/3 capacity, masked, distanced from other households). Please follow the instructions provided by your sports organizations.
Some details of the programs/activities still running are subject to change. Be sure to always follow the direction and instructions of TLC staff. Thank you for your patience while we navigate our way forward. We will update you as soon as we have more to share, both here (our blog), and on our social media channels.
General questions? Email email@example.com
Membership questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental questions? Email email@example.com
Update Sep 15