Update as of Wednesday, September 22
After a detailed and thorough review of the impacts of the two operating options available, the TLC Board of Directors has made the decision to participate in the Restriction Exemption Program (REP), effective Monday, September 27.
The TLC Board of Directors felt that this decision provides the majority of residents with access to the health, recreation and leisure opportunities that the TLC affords. This decision is in alignment with our municipal partners and community recreational facilities across our region and the province.
“The REP allows us to continue to provide all of our programs and activities, which is an important way to support our community’s mental and physical health, while also doing all we can to decrease pressure on our hospitals”, says Daniel Beaton, TLC Board Chair.
To access the TLC, all people 12 and older (outside of U18 sports or activities, details below) will be required to provide VALID ID PLUS one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination (see below), or
- Proof of a privately-paid (not from AHS or AB Precision Labs) NEGATIVE rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service, or
- Documentation of a medical exemption (original doctor’s note).
- September 27-October 25: Proof of at least a single dose of vaccine, as long as the dose was given at least two weeks prior to entry.
- After October 25, proof of double vaccination is required to enter.
- Adults 18yrs and older must also provide matching valid ID (issued by an institution or public body) which includes name and date of birth.
Complete details on the REP can be found HERE.
Patrons and visitors to the TLC can obtain their proof of vaccination card online HERE.
Details on the Youth Exemption:
- If youth under 18 are accessing a facility with a REP in place for the sole purpose of taking part in a youth activity, they would not need to provide proof of vaccination status, physician note, or negative test. This applies to swimming lessons and any TLC youth programs, as well as any organized sports.
- Individuals ages 12 and up must show one of the acceptable options for proof of vaccination if they wish to spectate, use any other amenity (such as a restaurant), or participate in a mixed adult/youth activity (like TLC drop-in sports or programs).
The TLC as an organization respects every person’s choice with regard to vaccines and recognizes the impacts that adopting a REP will have on those of our community who won’t be able to use the facility while this program is in place.
“Throughout the pandemic, the TLC has tried to do all we can to keep our staff and patrons as safe as possible, while also providing fitness and recreation activities in whatever ways we could. The REP allows us to continue providing healthy, active living opportunities with minimal restrictions”, says Lenny Richer.
“This was a decision not taken lightly by our Board of Directors, but at this time it is the best way forward for both the TLC and our community.”
Please be patient while we work through the final details. Additional information, including adult fitness program re-starting dates, will be forthcoming later this week via email for program participants. User groups (minor sports organizations) will be contacted directly.
Q: What about my monthly Pre-Authorized Membership?
A: If you wish to cancel your monthly continuous Pre-Authorized Membership due to the implementation of our Restriction Exemption Program, please do so in writing via email to email@example.com no later than Thursday September 30 at 4:00 PM. All active Pre-Authorized Memberships will have their regular payment processed on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Q: What about my Annual Membership, 1- or 3-month pass?
A: If you wish to cancel your Annual Membership, 1- or 3-month pass due to the implementation of our Restriction Exemption Program, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, September 30 at 4:00 PM. The TLC will be providing credits on account for the unused portion of these pre-paid memberships and passes for use at a future date.
If you have a membership or pass question that isn’t answered above, please email email@example.com
If you have a rental question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions, please email email@example.com