Well, it’s been interesting times here at the TLC over the past three months, but we are happy to announce our re-opening plan to get our community back through the doors!
As always, our priority remains the health and safety of our employees and patrons, but with our new guidelines and protocols, we know we can offer recreational and fitness opportunities in a safe manner. Of course, we can’t do it without the support and cooperation of our patrons and visitors. We are counting on you to:
- make sure you don’t visit us if you are feeling unwell (cough, sore throat, fever, full list here)
- sanitize your hands before entry and frequently while at the TLC
- practice respiratory hygiene by covering your cough with your sleeve or tissue, and above all,
- read posted signage in each area with new COVID protocols and respect our staff’s instructions
Our staff have new cleaning and distancing protocols in place for all visitors to the TLC. These include:
- A screening wellness checklist in place
- Increased sanitation of high touch areas and equipment
- Rapid response and contact tracing plans
Some areas of our facility will remain closed for the time being as we work to figure out how to open them safely. These include the Co-Op Children’s Play Centre and the Garden Dental Gymnasium, as well as not currently being able to offer childminding, spontaneous drop-in sports on the fields and shinny in the arenas. We are looking at ways in which we can get these facilities back open and thank you for your patience!
Phase One | Monday, July 6
Fitness Areas and Indoor Track
* Revised summer camp schedule available on June 19. Registration starts June 23.
Phase Two | Monday, July 13
Arenas and Fields*
* For now, only a limited number of rentals are permitted in these spaces. Web availability will be viewable from Monday, July 6 for new requests. Booking requests will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org starting July 6. Each week booking requests will be processed on Monday-Thursday for rentals on the following Sunday to Saturday.
Phase Three | Monday, July 20
Aquatic Complex – schedule TBA soon
July & August* Reduced Hours:
Mon-Fri | 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Sat, Sun & Holidays | 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
* Fall hours may also be slightly reduced.
My membership/pass was put on hold March 15 when the TLC closed, are you going to be re-starting my membership on July 6? Can I use it over the summer?
- Because of our reduced hours of operation and the limited facility access/services we can offer at this time, memberships and passes that were put on hold will not be re-activated yet. Members and passholders will receive adequate notice before any planned re-activation date. The details for our summer pass will be available shortly.
Will you be running swim lessons once the pool opens?
- Yes! We are planning to run Swim Kids 4-10 and parented classes, where we can adhere to our physical distancing guidelines between instructors and participants. We will also be able to run certification courses. Participants with credits on their TLC account from spring lesson cancellations may register in subsequent sessions; however, we cannot guarantee spots or provide priority registration for those with credits.
What else will be going on in the pool?
- Each type of activity will have its own time. A typical day could have lane swimming, then AquaFit, then lessons, then club swimming, and finally public swim. We have not fully planned out what this will look like yet, so be sure to check back.
Have a question that we didn’t answer here? Please email us at email@example.com or give us a call and leave a message at 780-960-5080.