Monday, February 1 Update:
The province has lifted some restrictions with regard to indoor fitness and recreation. Please read below for the specific guidelines that the TLC must adhere to until Step 2 when further restrictions on indoor fitness are relaxed.
Group or team sports NOT permitted
- No sports games, competitions, team practice, league play or group exercise of any kind is allowed.
One-on-one training IS permitted
- Only one-on-one or one-on-one household training is permitted for indoor fitness activities (e.g. fitness in dance studios, training figure skating on ice, one-on-one lessons).
- Sessions have to be scheduled or by appointment. No drop-in or groups allowed.
- One-on-one sessions cannot interact with others and there must be a minimum of three metres distance between sessions in the same facility.
- Trainers must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of physical activity is not considered training.
- Trainers should remain masked during the session; clients are not required to wear a mask while exercising
- More than one trainer and client ‘pair’ are allowed into the facility, studio, rink, court, pool, ice surface, etc. so long as:
- Each trainer and client stays three metres away from all other trainers and clients at all times, including in entryways and exits.
- Each trainer can only interact with their assigned client, and each client can only interact with their assigned trainer.
- No interaction between clients or between trainers is allowed.
- No ‘cycling through’ multiple trainers as in circuit training.
What does this mean for the TLC?
As of Monday, February 8:
- Personal training can resume! We do have personal training time slots available to book. If you’d like to schedule a session, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- K-12 schools can once again use the TLC in support of curriculum-related educational activities. If this is your program, reach out to us to see if your activity can resume here at email@example.com.
- Online fitness classes are going strong! Register in two-week sessions ($21 members/$25 non-members) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The first classes started today, but don’t worry if you missed your class, we can email you a recording.
Have a question? Please reach out to us via email at email@example.com