With rising COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have come new government restrictions that impact the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre. We are happy we have been open since July and successfully offering active options to residents, but these new restrictions mean that we must close again starting Sunday (Dec 13) and re-opening January 13, 2021. If we all do our part from now until then, we hope we can bend the curve back down and keep more Albertans safe.
Here are some things you might want to know:
Support local businesses and workers! Try the TLC pass sale is on NOW, but only until Saturday, Dec 13 at 8:00 PM! Hurry in or give us a call to purchase yours! Passes do not expire and can be used once we re-open.
What will happen to my membership?
One/Three Month Pass Holders
- From December 13onwards, one and three-month passes will be on hold and will automatically be reactivated at the earliest on January 13, 2021.
- All passes will be extended by the number of days lost due to the TLC’s facility closure.
- From December 13 onwards, Annual Memberships will be on hold and will be automatically reactivated at the earliest on January 13, 2021.
- All annual memberships will be extended by the number of days lost due to the TLC’s facility closure.
Monthly Continuous Memberships (pre-authorized payment)
- Monthly continuous memberships with automatic pre-authorized monthly payments are on hold effective December 13.
- No monthly pre-authorized payment will be processed on January 4, 2021.
- Memberships will be reactivated automatically at the earliest on January 13, 2021, with pre-authorized payments resuming on February 1, 2021.
- The missed days (Dec 13 to 31) will be replaced with days in January (13 to 31).
Multi-Visit Pass Holders
- Multi-Visit passes held prior to the TLC facility closure remain intact on your TLC account and you can use them anytime you wish once the building reopens.
If I’m a member, can I still register in the drop-in ZOOM classes next week?
What if I already have a credit and want a refund?
All credits for cancelled fall 2020 programs have been placed onto TLC accounts. Credit card refunds will be available via phone (780-960-5080) until 3:00 PM on Wednesday, December 17. Any requests made after this time will be processed beginning January 4, 2021.
Why can I no longer register for the Winter/Spring session? When will we find out what is going to happen?
We have currently put all of our program registration for Winter 2021 on hold while we wait to see what will happen in January. We can’t wait to have you back to come and play with us when we can re-open!
As soon as we know we can resume programs, we will communicate this via our e-newsletter, social media channels, blog and website. Sign up for our newsletter to receive this information here (scroll down to the navy bar at the bottom of the page) https://www.trileisure.com/ We are anticipating having some of these answers in the first week of January.
What about Home School P.E.?
Home School Physical Education classes are scheduled to resume January 13, pending government approval. Families will be emailed as we get more information.
What about Preschool?
One thing that isn’t cancelled is PRESCHOOL! The licensed TLC Preschool will continue classes December 14-17 before the regularly scheduled Christmas Break. Classes are planned to resume January 11. Families will be sent the procedure for drop-off and pick-up while the building is closed by Friday, December 11.
We are saddened that this closure will have a big impact on our amazing staff team and wonderful patrons, but we are hopeful to see you all again on January 13 for a return to activities here at the TLC! In the meantime, please stay safe and let’s all work together to bend this curve down and get back to the activities we love. If possible, please support local businesses in whatever way you can over the holiday season.
Stay safe, stay strong (both mentally and physically), stay healthy and we will see you soon!